Sunday, May 20, 2012

My Adventures on Free Comic Book Day 1

Since I took a couple of weeks off, I am catching up with things that have happened since, namely Free Comic Book Day.

It all started at 11 am and I was going to go to Tall Tales First, then to Comic Warehouse, and then to Lobo Anime.  I was toying to go to Kaboom Labs, a store I have never been to, but it never panned out.

I arrive at Tall Tales at 11:05 and I see a huge Kid Jumper in the shape of a Farm I believe.  It was still early, so there were not many people.  I walk around as the crowd begin to gather.  I see Nei Ruffino and get her pic.  I leaf through her artwork, which is exquisite.  I look for familiar faces and of course see the friendly staff.  I also find Cody and her hubby.  Next I saw the girls from the Hunger Games and then went to get my five comics which were the New 52, Spiderman, Avengers, The Guild, but unknown to me it was also Buffy on the flipside, and I saw a Youngblood Strikefile #1 from the 90s.  Ahem, it is the first appearance of Glory  and has an awesome centerfold pin up.  I was looking for the Image Preview and the Valiant Comics Preview, but Tall Tales did not have them, BUT there were more stores to visit.     As I was leaving the store, I did see Jim.  Said "hi" to him and his wife Myriah and said I would be back because I wanted to go to Mary's and Henry's.













No comments:

Post a Comment